Did you know?
Among bowling’s health benefits…
• Bowling burns roughly 240 calories per hour of activity.
• It strengthens and tones your arm, shoulder, chest, and leg muscles.
• It improves heart and respiratory fitness.
• It increases endurance while maintaining bone density.
• It speeds up your metabolism.
• An average bowler swings a bowling ball a full 360 degrees (200 degree
back swing, 160 degree down swing).
• An average bowler with a 16-pound ball swings 864 pounds full circle
in a three-game series (54 shots times 16 pounds per shot). That is
well over one-third of a ton.
• An average bowler walks an average of 60 feet per turn, or about
6/10 of a mile in a three-game series.
• The social aspect of bowling helps improve your mental outlook.
• Bowling is a lifetime sport. It is one of the few sports that allow you
to compete at a high level at an older age.
• Bowling provides an exercise option for those with physical limitations.
• The millions of dollars of scholarships awarded annually to youth
bowlers help them reach their educational goals, which keeps our nation
as a whole healthy.